The Global Society for Asset Management (GSAM) made its official debut at NAB 2003 with a roster of founding members that include leaders of the digital asset management industry, including Ascent Media Group, Artesia Technologies, Avid Technology, and RightsLine. GSAM (pronounced "Gee-Sam") is the first international trade and professional association to target the important and fast-growing field of Digital Asset Management (DAM). Among GSAM's goals are:
* Actively influencing standards that promote openness and interoperability between enterprise systems.
* Reducing the complexity of the digital asset management field by
demonstrating best practices across multiple vertical industries.
* Providing an accessible forum for sharing of lessons learned globally.
* Aggregating, promoting and sharing the expertise of thought leaders in the field.
* Identifying the potential of new areas of the field as they evolve and emerge.
GSAM is completely independent and vendor neutral, and with branches in the USA, Europe and Asia, it is also truly international in scope.