ArcSoft, Inc., a leading provider of digital imaging software for consumer devices, has announced the availability of powerful and flexible MPEG-1, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 codecs. Accompanying the codecs are comprehensively documented SDKs and sample applications that demonstrate the usage of the codec APIs. Additionally, ArcSoft offers performance optimization professional services for a wide range of platforms. While powerful enough for use on the desktop with video-centric software applications, the codecs are optimized for use on low profile devices such as camera phones, PDAs, camcorders, set-top boxes, and other video-centric hardware with minimal processing power and memory to spare.
ArcSoft's Video Codec Benefits:
• Real-time MPEG-1 (ISO/IEC-11172) and MPEG-2 (ISO/IEC-13818) encoding and transcoding
• High perceptual quality and optimization
• Scalable implementation complexity -- balance between cost and quality
• Flexible and application-friendly API
• High compatibility -- handles industry standard multimedia file formats
• Rich audio and video functionality