The TASCAM CC-222mkII combination CD and cassette recorder and player, a new version of the first unit to combine CD and cassette recording in one rack-mountable package, will ship this fall, the manufacturer announced.
The new design features a number of enhancements, including digital attenuation control added to the analog inputs, and CD digital converters upgraded to 24-bit resolution for better dynamic range performance.
The CC-222mkII retains the features found in the CC-222 for CD and audio cassette recording applications:
- Uses professional and consumer CD-R and CD-RW discs
- Bi-directional cassette mechanism
- Dolby B noise reduction o ±12% pitch control on cassette deck
- RTZ (Return to Zero) function
- RIAA phono input for direction connection of turntables
- S/PDIF digital coax and optical digital I/O for CD recorder
- Unbalanced RCA analog I/O for CD recorder
- Unbalanced RCA analog I/O for cassette recorder
- RC-222 wireless remote included
- 3u rack-mount design
- Headphone output with level control
The TASCAM CC222mkII CD/cassette recorder /player has an MSRP of $949; street pricing is available around $799.