The Avid Xpress Studio system is available in two versions. Each version includes the Avid Xpress Pro, Avid Pro Tools LE, Avid 3D, Avid FX, and Avid DVD by Sonic software applications, and a different hardware configuration:
- Avid Xpress Studio Complete: For $6,995, this package includes the Digi 002, which provides professional audio and MIDI I/O connections and eight touch-sensitive, motorized faders for automation control. It is designed to work with both the Avid Xpress Pro and Avid Pro Tools LE applications. Avid Xpress Studio Complete also includes the Avid Mojo Digital Nonlinear Accelerator, which offers simultaneous real-time output of multiple streams of video and 3-D effects to client monitor and tape, the ability to mix uncompressed graphics and animation with DV media in real time, and many more capabilities.
- Avid Xpress Studio Essentials: For $3,995, this package includes the Digidesign Mbox hardware, a 2-channel USB audio peripheral that integrates audio and MIDI recording, editing, and real-time mixing.
The software and hardware applications included in the Avid Xpress Studio system are also available for individual purchase. Pricing is as follows:
- Avid Xpress Pro: $1,695 (available for both Mac and Windows)
- Pro Tools LE, including Digidesign DV Toolkit software and Mbox hardware: $1,490 (Mac and Windows)
- Digi 002, including Avid Pro Tools LE and Digidesign DV Toolkit software: $3,490 (Mac and Windows)
- Avid 3D: $1,495 (Windows only)
- Avid FX: $1,595 (Mac and Windows)
- Avid DVD by Sonic: $1,995 (Windows only)
- Avid Mojo: $1,695 (Mac and Windows)
The Avid Xpress Studio is currently qualified for Windows-based systems, including a range of desktop and laptop CPUs from HP - Avid's preferred PC platform provider. Upgrade pricing for current Avid Xpress Pro, Avid Xpress DV and Digi 002 customers starts at $2,295.