PowerDirector Pro is designed with speed in mind. The SVRT (Smart Video Rendering Technology) was first introduced for faster video rendering processing time. Now, the new version has implemented encoding algorithms to add more speed and, at the same time, increase video quality.
New Features in version 2.55 include:
• Auto-Deinterlace: PowerDirector Pro automatically detects interlaced video files and applies a de-interlace function to produce sharper images. This is best for recording videos from TV programs and DV camcorders.
• Automated Constrained Variable Bit Rate Encoding: PowerDirector Pro features an intelligent algorithm to automatically switch to high bit rates for encoding fast moving video sequences. High bit rates yields to better image quality by preserving more detail.
• Better Quality and Faster Video Rendering: The new Speed/Quality algorithm yields to faster video rendering speeds even at higher quality profiles. The new algorithm speeds up the video capturing and encoding processes in real-time mode.
Additional File Support Includes:
• VOB file support: Allows users to edit DVD titles or re-edit their previously produced DVD titles
• VRO support: to edit DVD-RAM files
• MicroMV DV support: to import MPEG-2 videos from SONY's new MicroMV camcorders
• QuickTime 6 support: to export edited videos to QuickTime movie format
• DivX support: to import, edit, and produce DivX-AVI file
• AC3 support: to import videos with AC3 5.1-channel audio and to decode Dolby Digital audio in VOB files
PowerDirector Pro 2.55 will commence shipment on March 21, 2003 and will be available throughout CyberLink's retail channels and online stores. The Dolby Digital AC3 Decoder and DivX Codex will be sold separately as optional plug-ins at US$14.95. Users of PowerDirector Pro 2.5 will be able to upgrade to PowerDirector Pro 2.55 free of charges at the CyberLink website.