With DVD Copy 4's new user interface, users select the source, drive destination, and the video output format. The software's Autofit feature automatically determines how much compression is needed to produce the best-looking results for the output selected.
More experienced users will enjoy DVD Copy 4's customization capabilities that enable them to personalize their DVD/VCD content to suit their individual viewing habits and available space. With these capabilities, they can remove unwanted subtitles, languages, titles, and chapters, or even merge titles from several different DVDs/VCDs onto a single disc. In addition, DVD Copy 4 supports copying and transcoding a DVD+VR or a DVD-VR disc to the DVD-Video format for broader playback capabilities. Emerging formats such as downloaded "VodCasts" will also be easy to customize with DVD Copy and convert from MPEG-4 to DVD-Video discs.
New features that have been added to the latest version of DVD Copy 4 include:
· Internet Copy - Consumers can download videos from the Internet and burn them direct to disc for archiving simply by providing the URL and selecting the video to be copied.
· AutoMake Menu - When burning a video file from a computer hard disc or from the Internet to a DVD disc, users DVD Copy 4 can generate a navigation menu created automatically.
· DivX 6 and the DivX Media Format - DVD Copy 4 users can now create DivX media files with all the features of the DivX Media Format including interactive menus, multiple subtitles and alternate audio tracks for a complete DVD-like home entertainment experience.
· 3GPP/3GPP2 Support - With support for the new standard for digital video media across 3G broadband mobile networks, DVD Copy 4 can now be used to archive and email favorite clips recorded on a mobile phone.
· Sony PSP Video Format Support - Movie enthusiasts can now copy their favorite video clips to Sony memory sticks and playback in the popular Sony PSP video console.
· Copy DVD-Video to Audio CD - Music fans can create their own version of a soundtrack by extracting audio tracks from a DVD movie and saving the file as a MP3, WMA, or WAV file.
· 4.85GB DVD Support - DVD Copy 4 now supports the emerging new format that provides an extra 150MB of capacity, which can be useful for gaming purposes. If the entire disc capacity is not used, the 3mm gap around the outer edge of the DVD disc can act as a protective buffer when burning 4.7GB of content.
· Burn DVD-Video to Disc Image - Using this new feature, movie enthusiasts can copy their home movie as a disc image and then save it to their PC for burning their DVD-Video at a more convenient time.
DVD Copy 4 supports all current recordable DVD media formats including DVD±±R, DVD±RW, CD-R/RW, DVD-RAM, and DVD±R DL.
The suggested list prices for DVD Copy 4 are $49.95 USD for the Gold version and $79.95 USD for the full Platinum version.