Sony's next-generation Dual RW drives, the internal DRU-510A and the external DRX-510UL, are the first DVD+R/DVD+RW drives in the industry capable of recording to compatible 4X DVD+RW discs at up to 4X speeds, which enables users to burn a full 4X DVD+RW certified disc in about 15 minutes.
The drives also support up to 4X DVD+R and DVD-R recording, as well as 2X DVD-RW, 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW recording.
The internal DRU-510A drive comes with an ATAPI interface for easy installation inside a PC, while the external DRX-510UL drive features both an i.LINK (IEEE 1394) and a hi-speed USB (USB 2.0) interface for simple set-up and maximum flexibility.
Both Dual RW drives come with DVD/CD burning and video editing, authoring and mastering software. The full-featured software suite also includes backup and packet-writing software for users to easily create custom backup discs of up to 4.7 gigabytes of audio, video and data, along with software to organize music files on a PC and record them onto a CD or DVD. The software suite includes:
· Veritas RecordNow DX mastering software that allows users to create custom CDs and DVDs, in addition to creating backup copies of CDs or DVD-ROMs;
· Veritas Simple Backup which is full-featured backup and data recovery software that provides users instant backup and disaster recovery capabilities;
· Veritas DLA packet-writing software that enables users to format, drag-and-drop or delete files similar to a hard drive or floppy disk;
· Sonic Solutions MyDVD authoring software that allows users to quickly and easily transfer home videos to customized DVD-video and Video CD discs;
· Arcsoft ShowBiz video editing software for customizing video footage with easy import/export to and from the Sonic Solutions MyDVD software;
· CyberLink PowerDVD DVD-Video playing software that enables interactive viewing of both DVD-Video and Video CD discs on a PC;
· Musicmatch Jukebox personal music system to play, record, organize and discover new music with a guide to thousands of streams of personalized music programming.