With its clear API (application programmer's interface), documented code, and architecture, the AuthorScript Music SDK allows third-party developers to integrate, test and deploy audio and music burning in their applications, typically in less than four engineer-weeks. Some key AuthorScript Music SDK features include:
- SilentSelect technology providing comprehensive drive support, SilentSelect automatically supports new CD/DVD drives as they become available by reading and understanding their key attributes dynamically, eliminating the need to deploy costly software updates to end users
- Stream-to-Disc technology enables direct CD burning from an incoming Internet audio stream without first staging the file to the system hard drive, increasing security for online music purchasing and burning.- RightSpeed technology provides MMC4 detection of supported media.
- Quadratic audio resampling supports all incoming audio source sample frequencies and automatically optimizes sample rate for the appropriate output format.
- Extensive file support - Including MP3, AC-3, WMA, MP4, AAC, M4A, and QuickTime audio.
- Redbook audio formatting - CC Creates audio CDs playable in any CD player.
- MP3 CD support creates CDs that can be played in MP3 CD players.
- Efficiency and speed writes CDs at the maximum speed the CD-R drive will allow.
- Buffer underrun protection—the burn process will not be interrupted by PC slowness or delays.
- CD property display—displays information about sessions and tracks.
- Joliet support—supports 106 file name characters including double byte characters.
- UDF support—supports UDF versions 1 and 2.
- Customizable track gaps—Adjusts the time delay between tracks.
- Multiple format support—Multiple audio formats can be mixed on a single CD.
- Disc-at-Once—Writes multiple tracks in a single operation, then closes the disc.
- CD text support—Reads and writes CD text.
- ISRC support—Writes the International Standard Recording Code information of each: tracks author, country of origin, and year of production.
- UPC support -writes a product code for identifying each song; a necessity for commercial CDs.
Available in a variety of configurations, from simple CD burning to complete Hollywood DVD creation, Sonic AuthorScript and the AuthorScript Music SDK are immediately available to music services or software developers looking to add CD and DVD burning functionality to their applications.